After the cross, we went to Coronado for the afternoon...have I told you that I LOVE Coronado? It is the cutest and cleanest little town on the beach ever. We went to the Del for an ice cream cone.
Alyssa in her new dress from Auntie Kirsten.
I love my sweet Alyssa...
Have I mentioned that I love Coronado Island? I do.
It was so beautiful out...
We took the girls for a ferry boat ride from Coronado Island to downtown San Diego...because when you live in Arizona, there are not very many ferry boats. I grew up riding on ferry boats so I thought it would be fun.
The girls loved being on a ferry boat...even if it was for only 10 minutes. Thanks Matt for picking us up on the other side!
'Mom, where are my shoes?' Alyssa lost her flip flops...so here we are walking to get her some new flip flops. At least at the beach, you don't even need shoes.
Thank goodness for this hot tub...as you can see, it's steps away from the beach. It's great for freezing cold little girls.



We made Ashley, Kayla & Alyssa walk over a mile to the grocery store to get dinner for the night. It turned into an adventure for them...and Matt eventually walked down to see if they were ok. Meanwhile...

Mia & Madison were out like a light. Fresh air will do that to you.

Poor Madison is still trying to wake up to eat dinner. Awwww. All that so we could go on a date.

When we first arrived, the people next door gave us 3 free tickets to Legoland. Score! Matt took Alyssa and Mia on a date to Legoland on Thursday. They had so much fun. Selfishly, I kept the camera so we don't have any pictures (unless the Speas have some!) I hung out with Madison & the older girls for some beach fun. I told them we would go get a 'special treat' though to do something fun since they didn't get to go to Legoland.




Future Lifeguards of San Diego...people actually asked them if they were real lifeguards.

The special treat included 1 ride and an ice cream.

Madison's ice cream cone - was about as big as she is! She couldn't even eat it all, even with a little help from me. In the end, Ashley helped out too.



We made Ashley, Kayla & Alyssa walk over a mile to the grocery store to get dinner for the night. It turned into an adventure for them...and Matt eventually walked down to see if they were ok. Meanwhile...
Mia & Madison were out like a light. Fresh air will do that to you.
Poor Madison is still trying to wake up to eat dinner. Awwww. All that so we could go on a date.
Since we have built in babysitters, we took one night for a date night. We walked down the boardwalk to the Sandbar and hung out for a few hours, alone. It was fun!
When we first arrived, the people next door gave us 3 free tickets to Legoland. Score! Matt took Alyssa and Mia on a date to Legoland on Thursday. They had so much fun. Selfishly, I kept the camera so we don't have any pictures (unless the Speas have some!) I hung out with Madison & the older girls for some beach fun. I told them we would go get a 'special treat' though to do something fun since they didn't get to go to Legoland.
I can't believe Ashley & Kayla went out in the freezing water to boogie board. I'd never go in without a wetsuit...! We tried to get a picture of them riding the waves together but only one of them would come in...it was funny.
Walking down the boardwalk to Bellmont Park...to get a special treat.
Future Lifeguards of San Diego...people actually asked them if they were real lifeguards.
The special treat included 1 ride and an ice cream.
Madison's ice cream cone - was about as big as she is! She couldn't even eat it all, even with a little help from me. In the end, Ashley helped out too.
The hurricane simulator...it produces 80 mile an hour winds, and it gets really cold in there too. It was pretty funny.
Strangely, this picture of Ashley looks just like me!


We let the older girls pick a day for getting a wrist band to ride the rides all day. They picked Friday, the last day of our vacation. Bummer it was sort of drizzling out, but that didn't slow them down. Mia and Madison got to pick 1 ride. They are to short for the other rides, and Mia did get to go to Legoland. It was a tough learning experience for Mia.









After a lot of tears form Mia because she didn't get a wrist band...we decided to take Mia and Maddy back to the beach. It's hard to not get everything you want, but it was a lesson Mia needed to learn. Sometimes life is tough.






Oh how I wish I had this on video. So of course with these sweatshirts on, Ashley & Kayla look like the real deal: Lifeguards. I told the girls to go stand by the truck, to look official. Next thing we know, we hear a voice over the loud speaker (yes, EVERYONE on the beach heard this) ...'if you are taking pictures please go over to the wall and pick up the orange (what are they called?) so it looks real.' Hilarious!!! I got a good laugh out of that, he must of known that I have a blog. haha!
We let the older girls pick a day for getting a wrist band to ride the rides all day. They picked Friday, the last day of our vacation. Bummer it was sort of drizzling out, but that didn't slow them down. Mia and Madison got to pick 1 ride. They are to short for the other rides, and Mia did get to go to Legoland. It was a tough learning experience for Mia.
After a lot of tears form Mia because she didn't get a wrist band...we decided to take Mia and Maddy back to the beach. It's hard to not get everything you want, but it was a lesson Mia needed to learn. Sometimes life is tough.
I love this girl!!!
The Life Guards
The Life Guards
Oh how I wish I had this on video. So of course with these sweatshirts on, Ashley & Kayla look like the real deal: Lifeguards. I told the girls to go stand by the truck, to look official. Next thing we know, we hear a voice over the loud speaker (yes, EVERYONE on the beach heard this) ...'if you are taking pictures please go over to the wall and pick up the orange (what are they called?) so it looks real.' Hilarious!!! I got a good laugh out of that, he must of known that I have a blog. haha!
3 comments:
Duuuudddde, you are in such awesome shape! That pic is making me put down my Chipotle and vow to start working out! Wow! Anyway, looks like you guys had an amazing vacation. That is so cool that you keep going back to the same spot too. I love family traditions! :)
SO glad you guys had a great Vaca!!! and yes YOU LOOK AWESOME. Sign me up on BC, b/c my abs need some help. You can So tell you have been doing squats too, love it! Fun pic's of everyone and I love the pic of Alyssa and Matt and the one of you & Matt close up. Seriously, you haven't aged since FH.
Love ya!!
Love the jump shot. It was obviously my favorite.
Post a Comment