I was thinking...

...the other day of how young Ashley used to be when I went to pick her up from some soccer games she had been refereeing for.

Oh where does the time go? I know it goes by fast, but how did she get so old so quick? Maybe it's because she will be 13 years old this summer. Hello??! What? Did I just say 13 years old?
Here is Ashley reffing a U7 girls soccer game...
Here's Ashley IN a U7 (or U8) soccer game...she's on the right. She used to play in the games that she now is reffing for. Sigh.
It doesn't seem that long ago...
Ashley was playing soccer with her grade school friends. Now she is in charge of the games she used to play in.

Oh she found me...can you just hear the voice, 'momm.'

I'll always remember the days when she was coachable by her dad...because before you know it, you turn around one day and realize that your daughter will be turning 13 years old soon.

3 comments:

The Finder's Keepers said...

tears...
Some days feel like they'll never end...but you're right...the time goes by SO fast!

Anonymous said...

Yes... and then you turn round again and they are married with four beautiful children! Where DOES the time go???

The Guyser Family said...

So sweet, time goes way too fast! I try to remember that during all the mega-meltdown tantrums too! :)