With a heavy heart...

...I am so deeply saddened to say that Layla passed away in her sleep last night. What a brave, strong, and sweet spirited girl she has been in our lives. Words cannot even come close to expressing how much Layla has touched each of us. It was an honor to meet her and her family, please keep the Blakeley family in your prayers...Mia has lost a friend in her life, but she will see Layla again someday ~ when they are reunited in heaven.





"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."


-Revelation 21:4





"I will not leave you orphaned. I'm coming back. In just a little while the world will no longer see me, but you're going to see me because I am alive and you're about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I'm in my Father, and you're in Me, and I'm in you."


John 14:18-20 (The Message)


~ We will always remember you Layla...

6 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

So so so sad. Praying for you and her family. xoxo

Tracy said...

that's beautiful! Sums it up really well. She definately will be missed.

The Finder's Keepers said...

What a beautiful post, Kristi. So sad...teary. Mia and Layla were both blessed by one another. Hugs and prayers.

The Posenjak's said...

So sorry to here that, I will pray for Mia and Layla's family, I still struggle with how as a parent you can go on after losing a child, It's only by the grace of God that I can think that there is hope after such a heart ache. For Gods love is bigger than our pain.. You did a great job sharing that.. give your little one lots of love and when she cries just hold her.. Again sorry for your loss...

The Guyser Family said...

Oh Kristy, I am so sorry. I will be praying for your family and Layla's family. I'm sure Mia will always remember what a wonderful friendship she and Layla shared.

The Wilde Family said...

How is Mia handling this? I am definitely praying for Layla's family. It's so hard when you lose someone you love, but thankfully we serve a loving Father who has prepared a (Safe & loving) place for us in Heaven!!
Thanks for sharing Kristi & please be praying of the Morast family (Friends of mine) who just lost a little one too.

Love you